[asterisk-users] Queue AddQueueMember()

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Sep 28 13:14:38 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> All,
>
> I've recently been told that the AgentCallBacklogin() application is buggy, and I should not use it. Apparently I should use AddQueueMember() instead. I see though that AddQueueMember() does not take the location to call back as an argument.

Don't understand your comments:

AddQueueMember(queuename[|interface[|penalty[|options]]])

interface = the device to use

Example: AddQueueMember(techsupport|SIP/3000)

> We have remote agents that are available via PSTN access only. With AgentCallBackLogin() they can enter their PSTN phone number, and Asterisk will call them back at that number when they get a queue call. Can AddQueueMember() do that?

I would imagine so.

Example: AddQueueMember(techsupport|Zap/G3/SomeNumber)

Even if not, use local channels to then dial the zap number.

> Is AgentCallBackLogin() going to be deprecated at some point? Will AddQueueMember() be improved to match the call back functionality of AgentCallBackLogin()?

you are assuming that it doesn't already. Try it, you may like it.

> Douglas.

Julian