[asterisk-users] RPID

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Thu Sep 28 11:30:23 MST 2006

Hi,
Here is how I have it working:

If  Alice calls Bob and Bob's phone diverts the call to Carol.
You want Bob to pay for the call and the callerid  shown to Carol to be
'Alice'

On Bob's server
exten _X.,1,sipaddheader(Divertion:<Bob at anonynous.invalid;user=phone>

The proxy that routes bob's call to Carol  will then charge Bob for the
call and the From: field will be Alice

If you are an ITSP using Asterisk then you must look for the 'Divertion'
header in incoming SIP invite's yourselves with a

sipheader(Divertion) command

I have this working in a few different scenarios

I think that the right thing todo would be setting the RDNIS if the
'Divertion' is present on inbound side but I am not sure about this so I
am using a private variable and doing this outside the SIP channel

b.r.
Freddi