[asterisk-users] extensions.conf strangeness

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Sep 28 07:05:59 MST 2006

Hello,

I have an anomoly that I am unable to explain.

My entire extensions.conf is attached. You can see that the [from-sip] and
[internal] dial plans are identical, each including 4 other contexts in the
same order:

[internal]
include => extensions
include => outbound
include => invalid
include => test

[from-sip]
include => extensions
include => outbound
include => invalid
include => test

I can place calls between extensions as expected.

Now here's the problem. If I dial '611' on a zaptel line (context
"internal"), I get the "Hello World" message from the "test" context as
expected. However if I dial '611' on a SIP phone (context "from-sip"), I get
"I am sorry, that is not a valid extension"

If I modify extensions.conf as follows:

[from-sip]
include => extensions
include => outbound
;include => invalid       <<< comment out this line
include => test

then it works: dialling 611 from a SIP phone gives "Hello World".

Could someone please explain to me why the dialplan seems to behave
differently for calls originating from SIP and zaptel lines in this instance?

I am running Asterisk from SVN trunk, compiled two weeks ago (September
13th)

Thanks,

Brian Candler.