[asterisk-users] Asterisk with cisco 7935

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Thu Sep 28 03:13:28 MST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 01:13:14PM -0500, Ryan Amos arranged a set of bits into the following:
> ="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-
> html40">
>

> I spent quite a bit of time debugging the 7935/7936, and it is an issue inside
> the firmware that Cisco knows how to work around in CallManager. There are
> better conference phone options available, and development on chan_sccp is
> basically dead at this point anyway, so I dont see this one ever being fixed.
>
> I would recommend a Polycom IP4000, its the exact same phone body but is much
> cheaper MSRP, and its SIP.

Mine works fine with chan_sccp, and there's now SIP firmware out for it (which I
haven't tried)

I'm also considering taking back chan_sccp to get it working with 1.4,
but can't do that until some of my contract work clears up.