[asterisk-users] corrupt faxes

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-asterisk-users at apartia.org
Thu Sep 28 00:35:23 MST 2006

Hello,

Since our telco messed with our PRI in some way, we get corrupt faxes
like these:

http://zenon.apartia.fr/stuff/corrupt_fax.pdf

We use the lastest asterisk with a TE410P and spandsp.

(for some strange reason, our neighbour company has a traditional pbx
fed by 7 BRI's and sees the same problem)

Now the telco is trying to racket us with some "audit" to solve the
problem. They are claiming our pbx clockrate might be responsible.

What could interefere with faxing in such a way? Could the telco have
enabled some echo cancellation on their side?

Thanks in advance for any insight,