[asterisk-users] SER with multiple asterisk deployment

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Sep 27 22:40:25 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> If your referring to using AVP operations to peek into the SIP message, and determine state, good luck finding documentation on that!

> 	From: Jeremy McNamara [mailto:jj at nufone.net]

> 	Douglas Garstang wrote:
> 	> It won't work, unless you make sure that transfers go through the same
> 	> asterisk server as the orignal call went through. Using the SER
> 	> dispatcher won't fix that.
 >
> 	ONCE again, design your system correctly and it won't matter which
> 	Asterisk box processes your calls - including transfers.
>
> 	No, I won't elaborate, so don't ask.

That's funny, Doug, you giving advice to Jeremy.

My favorite CS teacher in college, with almost maddening frequency,
would answer our questions about the operational characteristics of the
software we were working on by tugging ponderously on his chin, looking
up at the ceiling, then busting a big grin and then saying, "I don't
know.  What does the source code say?"

B.

believed to be clean.