[asterisk-users] SER with multiple asterisk deployment

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Sep 27 14:31:44 MST 2006

Adi Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone actually manage setting up a single SER with multiple
> Asterisk boxes?
> I particulary have a problem of keeping the session alive and by that I
> mean directing
> all the following sip messages to the same asterisk box the first signal
> was sent (randomally).
>
> Please don't direct me to Asterisk+At+Large
> <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+at+large> or the
> asterisk_integration
> <http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=asterisk_integration> page
> at openser.org <http://openser.org> as they are quite old and useless.
> What I seek are examples of
> ser.cfg or some advice from someone who actually managed to accomplish this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adi.

Adi,

	The dispatcher module should do what you want to do.  Check it out here:

http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/dispatcher.html

	They claim it is stateless but it should be possible to use the AVPs it
sets to direct INVITEs, ACKs, and BYEs to the proper Asterisk (or
whatever) boxes.

	However, you can also "load balance" based on source/destination URIs
with the lcr module.

P.S. - This is really more of an OpenSER/SER question.  Did you try
those mailing lists?  I'd be happy to help you more there :).

--
Kristian Kielhofner