[asterisk-users] Spurious hangups on zaptel interface

Barry D. Hassler Barry.Hassler at hcst.com
Wed Sep 27 13:19:44 MST 2006

We seem to be getting unexpected hangups on our * system, very
consistent when calling particular numbers that we can associate with a
clients phone system. These hangups generally occur when our call is
transferred within their system (to voicemail usually).

I'm suspecting their may be some sort of "flash" (for lack of a better
term) on the called side, but I can't verify this.

the situation does appear to be consistent and reproducible, but only
with specific phone systems that our calls go through.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any potential resolutions?
I've researched this quite a bit, but not turning up anything
particularly relevant.

I am using asterisk 1.2.9.1

Barry D. Hassler
President