[asterisk-users] PRI Outbound CallerID Question

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Sep 27 08:18:52 MST 2006

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 09:30:04PM -0400, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>>Steve Totaro wrote:
>>
>>>I set caller ID to a unique identifier before sending to a transfer
>>>partner or overflow call center.  This makes it much easier to match
>>>CDRs and get stats on the outcome of calls once they leave our center.
>>>It is a very valuable and legitimate use.  Am I committing a crime?  nah.
>>
>>	This is exactly what I am talking about.  That is a very useful
>>application of caller id manipulation.  Why should you lose that useful
>>feature because a few misguided people sometimes use it for nefarious
>>purposes?
>

> Strawman, Kristian; I already covered that, and confirmed that I
> believe it to be an acceptable use, also, covered by agreement.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

jra,

	If someone doesn't respect laws from Congress and State legislators,
they certainly aren't going to be stopped by a $0.02 civil agreement
drafted by some telcos legal team...

	However, if such an agreement were required to "ensure" the reliability
and quality of caller id services, I would have no problem signing one. ;)

--
Kristian Kielhofner