[asterisk-users] I doubt it...

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 27 07:26:03 MST 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 10:21:31AM +0530, Benjamin Jacob wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:33:15PM -0500, DiegoF wrote:
> >
> >>  hola a todos, tengo una duda, ye he resuelto algunas pero otras llegan,
> >>  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> >>  hello to all, I have a doubt, ye I have solved some but others arrive,
> >>  good
> >
> >*Oh*.
> >
> >*That's* where all these non-native English speakers are coming up with
> >"doubt".  Someone's translator doesn't have an idiom for "I have an
> >inquiry".
> >
> >Eeediots.
> >

> Easy.. Easy Jay!! easy duz it!
> You can't *expect* all to be native English speakers over here, or
> anywhere, for that matter. And am sure, he won't have a translator or a
> dictionary next to him, whenever he posts on this list.

Re-read my comment, Ben.  I'm calling the *translator writers* idiots.
Not the OP.

> As long as ppl are harmless, are talking asterisk, are making sense,
> arn't cussing you out, its A-OK!!

You, you... *astronaut*, you!

:-)

> n besides, there isn't a Correct-English-talkers-only clause over here,
> I guess. Imagine a spanish-only (was that guy spanish??or mexican?
> baah.. all sound same) world and you would be sending "doubts" across as
> well, with a Spanish Jay calling you an eeedioto!!

Oddly, someone just dissed Allison Smith's spanish this week, so...

> live n let live.  or over here, lets make it as "Asterisk and let Asterisk".
> now that i've flung my two cents,  lets start a flame ;-)

Not at all.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_