[asterisk-users] T1 timing errors (Frame Slips) on Nortel 61C to TE110P

Ronnie Jones 7qrj45 at clayelectric.com
Wed Sep 27 06:05:06 MST 2006

I am setting up an asterisk box , my first with PRI T1 interface to a
Nortel 61C.  We have quite a bit of experience with the 61C and do most
of the programming including maintaining several other PRI interfaces in
this switch.  The problem we are having is as soon as we turn up the
PRI, on the 61C side we get PRI0264 protocol errors.  Then the circuit
lays down properly.  At this point we start accumulating SLIPR in the
61C which resets the circuit in about 5 minutes.  Below are my
configurations.

Nortel 61C

 CEQU

  MPED 8D

  TERM

  REMO

  TERD

  REMD

  TERQ

  REMQ

  SUPL 004 012 024 V048

       N156

  SUPC

  SUPF

  XCT   000  016

  TDS  * 000 * 016

  CONF * 001 * 017

  MFSD * 000 * 016

  DLOP  NUM DCH FRM TMDI LCMT YALM TRSH

   TRK  009 12  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

   PRI  008 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        010 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        011 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        018 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        019 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        020 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        021 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        030 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

        031 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

Blah..blah

ADAN     DCH 50

  CTYP MSDL

  DNUM 10

  PORT 1

  DES  ippbx

  USR  PRI

  DCHL 8

  OTBF 32

  PARM RS422  DTE

  DRAT 64KC

  CLOK EXT

  IFC  ESS5

  SIDE USR

  CNEG 1

  RLS  ID  1

  RCAP ND2

  MBGA NO

  OVLR NO

  OVLS NO

  T200 3

  T203 10

  N200 3

  N201 260

  K    7

TYPE RDB

CUST 00

ROUT 97

DES  IPPBX

TKTP TIE

NPID_TBL_NUM   0

ESN  NO

CNVT NO

SAT  NO

RCLS INT

VTRK NO

DTRK YES

BRIP NO

DGTP PRI

ISDN YES

    MODE PRA

    IFC  ESS5

    SBN  NO

    PNI  00001

    SRVC NNSF

    NCNA YES

    NCRD YES

    CHTY BCH

    CTYP UKWN

    INAC YES

    ISAR NO

    CPUB OFF

    DAPC NO

    BCOT 0

DSEL VOD

PTYP PRI

AUTO NO

DNIS NO

DCDR NO

ICOG IAO

SRCH LIN

TRMB YES

STEP

ACOD 7997

TCPP NO

PII NO

TARG

CLEN 1

BILN NO

OABS

INST

IDC  NO

DCNO 0 *

NDNO 0

DEXT NO

ANTK

SIGO STD

ICIS YES

TIMR ICF  512

     OGF  512

     EOD  13952

     NRD  10112

     DDL  70

     ODT  4096

     RGV  640

     GRD  896

     SFB  3

     NBS  2048

PAGE 002

     NBL  4096

     IENB  5

     TFD  0

     VSS  0

     VGD  6

DRNG NO

CDR  NO

VRAT NO

MUS  NO

RACD NO

FRL  0 0

FRL  1 0

FRL  2 0

FRL  3 0

FRL  4 0

FRL  5 0

FRL  6 0

FRL  7 0

OHQ  NO

OHQT 00

CBQ  NO

AUTH NO

TDET NO

TTBL 0

ATAN NO

PLEV 2

ALRM NO

ART  0

SGRP 0

AACR NO

 zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en

context=default

switchtype=5ess

signalling=pri_net

usecallerid=yes

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

rxgain=0.0

txgain=0.0

musiconhold=default

group = 1

channel = 1-23

 zaptel.conf

span = 1,1,0,esf,b8zs

bchan=1-23

dchan=24

loadzone = us

defaultzone=us

I think the configuration is right.  I have tried changing the timimg
source in zaptel.conf from 1 to 0 to no avail.  Also I can not set up
the Nortel PRI to look internal for clock.  Nortel sets up by default
CLOK = EXT.  I have tried different cross over cables.  I can point the
asterisk into a T-Berd 950N set up to turn up a PRI and it will work and
run clean on the Asterisk server.  I can loop back the Nortel PRI and it
will 'est wrong mode' and accumulate no SLIPR.  I am struggling to get
this to work.  The circuit does establish and pass calls but resets
frequently due to slips.  Dell 2850/TE110P/Asterisk business edition
ABE-B.1-1/Redhat EL4/Nortel 61C/Succession R3/MSDL Dchannel/NT5D12.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Ronnie Jones

Engineer - ICT

Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc