[asterisk-users] PRI Outbound CallerID Question

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 26 15:22:10 MST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:28:12PM -0400, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> 2)  Get a telco that lets you set any CID.  I don't know if I just look
> trustworthy or something, but I have had no problems whatsoever getting
> several LECs and CLECs in multiple states to let me set any CID I want.
>  Looking at the other posts, it seems that some people have problems
> with that.  I never considered it to be a big deal, just a cool
> privilege that you gain with a PRI...  It seems that isn't the case with
> some telcos.

And, um, perhaps that's not a bad thing?

Y'all read this: http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000154.html

and then give some more thought to whether you *should* play games with
CNID... even assuming that you can.

And don't give me "policy's not my problem; I'm only concerned with
mechanism"... that's what they said at Birkenau, too.

Hitler.

Godwin.

:-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_