[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind Sonicwall firewall

Barry Fawthrop barry at ttienterprises.org
Tue Sep 26 13:21:04 MST 2006

Hi all

I didn't change anything that's my point
It has be running and working just fine then at 4:32 pm yesterday I
could not make or recieve VoIP calls via our VoIP Provider
They say the Invite packet was being rejected and thus there was no
"real" connection  even though SIP SHOW PEERS has us registered

They also say it's due to the Sonicwall which has changed port
assignments and thus blocking ports.
I see in the Sonicwall log UDP Packet Dropped with the Providers IP
Address but it talks about port 36612 which is not SIP

They say along with the log that SIP is using 36612 why when all the
VoIP SIP setting are enabled/configured and SIP is packet forwarded to the
Asterisk Box due to Sonicwall NAT

Now I'm trying to find out why and how to correct this.

Thanks all
Barry