[asterisk-users] PRI Outbound CallerID Question

Shawn Kelley shawn at accenttek.com
Tue Sep 26 10:23:01 MST 2006

Hi all,
I've searched around and haven't found much of an answer to my issue. Any
advice from you would be appreciated.

Problem: Need to take an inbound call from our PRI and forward it to another
PSTN user via the PRI, sending the original callers id with it.
I know this can be done since we currently use an 800 service that does it.
You call the 800 number; they answer and put you on hold. They then outcall
to the pstn numbers we have defined and the incoming call shows up with the
original callers CID, we answer and have options to accept or reject the
call.

So I know the 800 provider is staying in the middle of the call and not just
performing a redirect to us.

I've tried the various CID settings in Asterisk, but am not able to use
anything but our DID numbers for our outbound caller id.

My telco has been unresponsive to this issue.

Does anyone know if it's possible with a PRI or do you have to have some
other type of PSTN connection such as SS7?

Thanks!!
--Shawn