asterisk t.38 (was RE: [asterisk-users] trixbox t38 pass through)

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Sep 26 08:44:07 MST 2006

marek cervenka wrote:

>> T38 passthrough doesn't seem to work in trunk at the moment.
>

> that's true
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7679
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7844
>
> t.38 in asterisk 1.4
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20T.38

I've taken the code in Openpbx somewhat farther than the code in
Asterisk SVN. Openpbx is now working for a lot of T.38 passthrough
scenarios, and T.38 termination is now fairly solid. T.38 gateway is
also basically working, though I haven't yet handed that out to anyone
else for further testing. The big thing that had to change was to reuse
the RTP port for the UDPTL stream. The code I donated to * was based on
the specs. We found too many things that just don't work if you simply
follow the specs. To make the software tolerant of a lot of other boxes
doing weird things it seems you really have to reuse the RTP port for
the UDPTL stream.

Steve