[asterisk-users] "does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?" -- but Asterisk *is* running.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Sep 25 16:31:17 MST 2006

I've set up a bunch of plain-jane Asterisk systems, but had heard good
things about the more recent incarnations of A at H^H^H^H^H errr, Trixbox.
So I installed it, and fired it up, and it works fine.

Until I try to do an "asterisk -r".  I get the "does /var/run/asterisk.ctl
exist?" question, which had always previously meant (to me) that Asterisk
wasn't running.  But it is!  And there's now asterisk.ctl file in the
entire /var hierarchy.  Anyone have any ideas as to why that might be MIA?
 It's insanely annoying, not being able to fire up the console.

Thanks,

-Ken