[asterisk-users] Running Multiple Instances of Asterisk

James Texter james.texter at cox.net
Mon Sep 25 12:49:48 MST 2006

But if I segment my zap channels, that shouldn't be an issue, correct?  I.e.
Instance 1 => Port 1, Instance 2 => Port 2, etc.  Of course, you are also
assuming there is Zap channels, as I believe he is using a gateway, which
takes that out of the equation.

On 9/25/06 2:23 PM, "Eric "ManxPower" Wieling" <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

> Best of luck getting multiple instances of Asterisk to play nice when
> accessing Zap channels.
>

> James Texter wrote:
>> Doug,
>>     I actually see this as a pretty logical way to solve the problem.
>> Please keep us posted if you have any luck sorting out running multiple
>> instances, or mail me off-list if no one else is interested.
>>
>> Thanks,

>>> MySQL() application command could not do nested queries), and so right now,
>>> we
>>> have a 2000 line python script and several very complex MySQL stored
>>> procedures in order to fulfull our requirements.

>>> I am. I look at our configuration which is currently for one customer, and
>>> there's already several dozen contexts in order to cover a lot of
>>> complexity.
>>> Multiply that by a couple of hundred, and I won't want to be administering
>>> it!

>>> I was going to give v-servers a try. There's a guide at:
>>> http://www.telephreak.org/papers/vpa/

James Texter