[asterisk-users] OT: Opinions on Aastra 480i CT?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:18:02 MST 2006

On 9/25/06, Colin Anderson <ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com> wrote:
> >It's excellent home phone.  I wouldn't use it in a business environment.
> No
> >hold, no one-touch voicemail.  However, it works great!
>
> aw crap, that's a biggie but I think I can work around it, teach the user to
> dial *98 for voicemail, *700 for park and hash to transfer, currently the
> users dial feature-9-8-1 for voicemail right now so they are used to doing
> things the hard way. But a dedicated hold and transfer button would've been
> nice. The users' big requirement is inbound /outbound / missed call logging,
> how is that?

The 480i does have a hold button, and also a transfer and Conference
button (so does the 9112i in fact...). It does not have a one-touch
voicemail pickup, which is accessed with something like
"Services-2-1-Select", but they are quite nice phones overall.

I have been unable to get hold of the 480i CT variant (Which I believe
adds DECT to the phone) to test it so I do not know how much it
differs from the 480i

I agree that it is worth getting one to try it out for your needs.

Cheers,
Steve