[asterisk-users] RE: Dual core

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Sep 25 07:09:20 MST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 09:04:41AM +0200, Tomislav Par?ina wrote:
> Sure you don't have any issues, but do you take any advantage of dual
> core processor? Why would I pay for something if I can't profit from
> it?

Well, it would seem to me that with a little attention to processor
affinity, you could run your Asterisk and DBMS code on one processor,
and let the other one handle the device interrupts; ie: that sounds to
me like a feature, rather than a bug...

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_