[asterisk-users] Re: Very high ping times from 7960 phones

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Sep 25 02:12:06 MST 2006

On 04:11, Mon 25 Sep 06, Brian Capouch wrote:

> That is a classic (and, AFAIK innocuous) behavior of the original Cisco
> ATA-186 ATAs as well.
>
> Nobody was ever able to explain why they are that way, but it seems to
> normal behavior.

It really is something in the SIP image of the 7960.
I have one at home that runs SCCP with chan_sccp and that
one is only 4 ms away.

The sip image on the 7960 is slow overall. I find the menu's
and directories slow as well. But besides that the audio and
stuff works great on the SIP image so I dont think it's
actually a problem (unless you set 'qualify=100' in
sip.conf.

Now I think about it, there's one issue with the audio.
If you put a call on hold on the 7960 SIP and unhold them,
it sometimes takes 2 or 3 seconds before the audiostream is
connected again. This is the only issue I can find in our
ticket system.

My personal favourite is the sccp image, but lots of ppl
report crashes and stuff with chan_sccp (some of them I can
confirm) so that's why not a lot of ppl will use it.
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu