[asterisk-users] iaxy: one way audio

Sean Kennedy skennedy at qualitydentists.com
Sun Sep 24 10:26:11 MST 2006

Hey all,

So I just got an iaxy to play with a few days ago.  Got the config files
figured out and configured the device.  I was able to make phone calls
out on it just fine.  However, when trying to call the device I get a
one way audio problem ( which I would expect from sip, but not iaxy ).
The user on the iaxy can hear but their audio isn't transmitted.

I have double checked the iaxyprov config file, turning on heartbeat (
in case it's a firewall timeout problem ).  I checked asterisk's
iaxy.conf file, and all the ip information in there looks correct.  I'm
not sure how to procede to troubleshoot this problem.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Sean

iax260.conf:

[root at qualitydentistpbxa trunk]# vi iax260.conf
;
; IAXY Provisioning description
;
dhcp
;ip: 192.168.3.90
;netmask: 255.255.255.0
;gateway: 192.168.3.1
codec: ulaw
;codec: adpcm
server: 192.168.1.7
;altserver: 192.168.0.2
user: user
pass: userpass
register
heartbeat
;debug
;
; Feature tuning (default is all enabled)
;
;disablecid
;disablecw
;disablecidcw
;disable3way

iax.conf:

[general]
bindport = 4569           ; Port to bind to (IAX is 4569)
bindaddr = 192.168.1.7    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm