[asterisk-users] libpri current extracts as beta1

joea, j4computers joea at j4computers.com
Sat Sep 23 13:17:40 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming<kpfleming at digium.com> Wrote on: 9/23/2006 3:40 PM:
> ----- j4computers joea <joea at j4computers.com> wrote:
>> Downloaded libpri-1.4-current.tar.gz from digium's ftp.  It extracts
>> as librpi-1.4.0-beta1.
>>
>> Is this normal?
>
> Yes, because the beta version of libpri is 1.4.0-beta1, as already
> announced and visible on asterisk.org (and on the FTP site).
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Senior Software Engineer
> Digium, Inc.

I got to this file via  http://www.digium.com/en/products/opensourceasterisk/downloads.php

It links to  http://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/

where the directory listing shows a "zaptel-1.4-current.tar.gz " AND a "zaptel-1.4.0-beta1.tar.gz".

I downloaded the "current" file, not the "beta" file.

I saw nothing to indicate they would be the same file and would not have thought they would be the same file, from all indications.

It is what it is.  I was looking for clarification, and giving a heads up, if it was an error.  IMO, and past experience, a beta is not "current".

joea