[asterisk-users] make error

joea, j4computers joea at j4computers.com
Sat Sep 23 09:26:22 MST 2006

joea, j4computers<joea at j4computers.com> Wrote on: 9/22/2006 8:04 PM:
> Installilng on a fresh copy of SUSE SLES9, with newly downloaded copies
> of asterisk, zaptel, etc.
>  . . .
> Actually, earlier on, I also had another error in my first make
> attempt, could not find "Module.symvers".  I found that in another
> directory and copied it to where make seemed to expect it.  I am left
> with only the errors noted above.
>
> Not turning up anything in searches.
>
> joe

I managed to get beyond these initial make errors, by creating a symbolic link
as in "ln -s /usr/src/`uname -r` /usr/src/linux-2.6.blah"
and doing make again.

That completed properly (I guess) but with these warnings, snipped from what make
spit out:

"In file included from /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.9.1/wct4xxp/vpm450m.c:14:
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.282/include/linux/firmware.h:11: warning: `struct
device'
 declared inside parameter list
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.282/include/linux/firmware.h:11: warning: its scope
is on
ly this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.282/include/linux/firmware.h:15: warning: `struct
device'
 declared inside parameter list
  CC
[M]  /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.9.1/wct4xxp/../oct612x/octdeviceapi/oct6100api/oct "

Given my limited knowledge of asterisk/zaptel, etc, I have no idea if this is "probably not
what you want", or not.

So, before I forge ahead, perhaps to create unusable stuff . . . those of you with greater knowledge are invited to provide input.

Those of you with cutting newbie putdowns, are invited to remain silent.  Unless, of course, there is a nugget of value supplied therein.

(there, that should do it).

joea