[asterisk-users] Re: [asterisk-dev] To bweschke regarding app FollowMe

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 05:47:09 MST 2006

On 9/21/06, Denis Galvão <denisgalvao at gmail.com> wrote:
> bweschke, is there any news about using astdb to store the numbers to
> be dialed?
>
> This is related to this note on bug http://bugs.digium.com/
> bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=5574:
>
> (0035684)
> shmaltz - reporter
> 11-02-05 15:01
>
> Also thinking about it a bit more, it would be very usefull if the
> settings in followme.conf would allow for an entry that points to the
> astdb, something like this:
> number => family/key
> number => family/key
> This will allow to use the dialplan to update the number values in
> followme.conf, like this:
> exten => _*5X.,1,Set(DB(FM${EXTEN:2:1}/${CALLERIDNUM})=${EXTEN:3})
> In which case users can call in *51 follwoed the number to follow,
> and the DP will add that to FM1, for the second number they would
> dial *52 and that would be added to FM2, and so on. In followme.conf
> you would then have:
> number => FM1/8143
> number => FM2/8143
> and so on.
> And if an entry in the astdb is empty app_followme will ignore it.
> Maybe I'm pushing it, but this feature (since it can all be done in
> the dialplan without this app) might not have value if one can't use
> it because s/he can't have her/his users call in to change the number
> values in followme.conf. In which case it means not being able to use
> this.

 Denis,

 There was some discussion around this feature in app_followme in the
IRC chat rooms and it was decided that for at least the 1.4 release of
app_followme, the group wanted to "keep it simple" and not have this
feature.

 We may add this in the future, but I can tell you that I do plan to
"realtime" enable the application for the 1.6 cycle which probably
gives you more or less the same functionality.

 BJ

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/