[asterisk-users] Re: Can you explain why multiple registrationisan important (missing) feature ?

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 22 00:44:53 MST 2006

I was afraid that may be the case - The issue I have with that approach is
how do you avoid manually mapping extensions to mac addresses in the
dialplan?  Assuming I have a PRI with 100did and I want to use the last 4
digits of the DID as the internal extension, I want to use something like
below to handle the bulk of calls:

exten => _XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},20)

How can this be accomplished if SIP usernames are mac addresses?, it would
seem to me that sip.conf is the correct place to map an extension to a
device, otherwise I would have an extensions.conf with a manual entry for
each extension making updating it a chore.

Craig