[asterisk-users] Fax Detection on outbound call

Mark Edwards mark at switchnet.com.au
Fri Sep 22 00:17:03 MST 2006

I'm trying to configure my asterisk server to detect fax on an outbound ZAP
call. The reason for this is that I have a bunch of interviewers in an
outbound callcentre who don't like listening to fax machines and I want to
be able to detect fax on the outbound leg before attempting to bridge the
call.

I have tried using app_nv_faxdetect with the M(faxdetect) option of the Dial
command, but I am not sure that this is operating on the right leg of the
call.

I have tried with /etc/asterisk/Zapata.conf and the faxdetect=... entries,
but this doesn't seem to have the desired effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers here?

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark Edwards