[asterisk-users] Hardware question

Jeremy Jongsma jjongsma at tradersmedia.com
Thu Sep 21 12:35:28 MST 2006

I'm considering using Asterisk for a small office environment with 8 IP
phones and 4 external lines.  This is my first venture into setting up a
phone network, so I'm curious what hardware I need to get the system up
and running.  I'm assuming all I would need installed on the Asterisk
server is an analog interface card (i.e. TDM400P) and an ethernet card.
Is that correct?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on IP phones?  I've been
looking for something for under 200 USD and am currently leaning towards
the Linksys SPA-942.  If anyone has good experiences with that or other
phones with similar features I'd appreciate any suggestions.

-j

--
Jeremy Jongsma <jjongsma at tradersmedia.com>
Traders Media