[asterisk-users] CURL

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Sep 21 11:03:06 MST 2006

You need to use AGI to do this. You would put a shell script yourscript.agi
in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

If you want an HTTP response dumped into your dialplan as a variable, you
would use wget:

myagi.agi:

#!/bin/bash
TMPFILE=/tmp/$$.$RANDOM
wget -q -t3 --output-document=$TMPFILE http://mysite.com/myhtml.html
<http://mysite.com/myhtml.html>
MYVAR=$(cat $TMPFILE)
echo "SET VARIABLE MYASTERISKVAR \"$MYVAR\""
rm $TMPFILE

You would call the AGI like this:

exten => foo,1,AGI(/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/myagi.agi)

Optionally you can pass a parameter to the AGI:

exten => foo,1,AGI(/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/myagi.agi foo)

and you would retrieve the parameter in the AGI using the $1, $2, $3
variables in the AGI for parameter 1,2,3 etc.

hth