[asterisk-users] Re: Uninstalling Trixbox

Nic Hughes nicolas.h at virgin.net
Thu Sep 21 08:36:35 MST 2006

Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com>wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:51:29 +0800
> From: Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Uninstalling Trixbox
> 	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>

>> Yeah thats your problem I guess. Using a tarball 'package' certainly
>> does not give you an
>> easy way out or un-install. Best to start again or get your toothpick
>> out :)
>>

> Or you can try this from / (your root directory) :)
> rm -rf `tar tzf xxx.tar.gz`
>
> Note the backquotes enclosing the tar statement
> It will remove everything that you installed from the tar ball.

Unfortunately the install script for Trixbox also carries out a number
of rpm installs which you would need to uninstall.

It should be possible to go through the install script line by line and
produce and uninstall script for everything except the pure asterisk
components but I strongly suspect it would be easier just to wipe the
slate clean and start again.

The moral of this story is that if you just want to have a play with
Trixbox then install the VMWare version.

--
Nic