[asterisk-users] Asteisk plays music on hold starting from randompoint

Robert Chadwell rob at cmgfunding.com
Thu Sep 21 06:48:35 MST 2006

Giorgio,

This format works just how you want it to - it will play the files
starting at the beginning. If you convert your files to .wav or some
other format - you will get a cleaner sound. From what I have read,
Fedora opens a single instance of the file regardless of the number
accessing it, using Format_MP3 (the native MOH player in Asterisk 1.2
that replaced mpg123) - so you should save on CPU usage using this
program instead of mpg123. From the post that I read, the person was
testing it using a .wav file.

Here is the copied musiconhold.conf setup

[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh-native
random=yes      ; Play the files in a random order

Robert Chadwell
800-330-7704 toll free
813-343-0181 ph
813-413-8195 fx