[asterisk-users] Re: Can you explain why multiple registration isan important (missing) feature ?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Sep 21 04:33:21 MST 2006

Tomislav Parčina wrote:
> In article <56a990d20609201923t6a3537a8j38ef2feb6e39d869 at mail.gmail.com>, aspendora at gmail.com says...
>> Your definition in the sip.conf would be defining devices according to their
>> MAC addresses.  Your dial plan would call these devices based on extensions.
>>
>> exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/MAC) ; where MAC is the MAC address of the phone
>
> All right. Then I give to my girlfriend my number 1234567 and she calls me in, how will I know to which MAC address I need to pass call?

Perhaps you are tying to use wildcard destinations in your setup.  This
does not scale.

Wildcard:

exten => 1234567,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

This does not scale.

Each extension should have it's own exten => line and Dial(... line.

exten => 1234567,1,Dial(SIP/[0004f201e443-a) because 0004f201e443-a is
the userid of the phone that you want to send the call to.