[asterisk-users] Call/Voicemail Screening

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:30:21 MST 2006

Has anyone implemented something such as this:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+tips+voicemail+live

It looks like it would be a good addition for some situations.  I have a
user that would benefit greatly.  Unfortunately, there are some items that
need to be worked on, and so far is above my head.  If a caller hangs up,
the callee is still in the meetme conference.  It's still a little rough
around the edges as far as when it joins the two calls.

I'm going to keep playing with it in my spare time (which is not very much)
and see what I can come up with.

We came from a Merlin Legend system that was supposed to have been able to
do something like this.  It was no longer under support, and I performed the
upgrade to the firmware that would do that.  The only problem was that I had
no idea how to do it, so we never got to use it.

We get a LOT of unavailable numbers, so caller id doesn't always work for
screening purposes.  Something like this would be great.

--
Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.