[asterisk-users] voice detection during playback

David Koski david at kosmosisland.com
Wed Sep 20 15:54:45 MST 2006

Is it possible to detect voice while playing back a message? I am using
AMD (Answering Machine Detect application) and it seems to work pretty
well but some outgoing messages (on my Sprint cell phone for example)
have silence in them. After the initial message of about 20 seconds it
says "press or say one". Then there is a pause of two or three seconds,
followed by "leave a message ofter the tone". That pause breaks AMD. If
I could detect voice while playing a message I could stop playing the
message, wait for silence and restart playing the message from the
beginning.

Regards,
David Koski