[asterisk-users] Re: Can you explain why multiple registration isan important (missing) feature

Tielin Xu TIELXU01 at noa.nintendo.com
Wed Sep 20 15:07:55 MST 2006

Your item number two is valid. In our call center, one agent has
multiple extensions, he or she signs in to ACD in terms of different
task assignments. Call routing sends the call to the agent based on what
queue he or she is in. We are not using Asterisk yet, still on legacy
ACD.

>>> oza-4h07 at myamail.com 09/20/06 2:31 PM >>>
Hi,

If I summarize received answers, Multiple Registration is usefull
because :

1. It's easier to register the share the same device between several
users
and let one of those move to another "device", taking his extension
along
with him.

Could this also be true ?

2. It's easier to provide the same user with several independently
managed
behaviours. For example: off-hours calls diverted with registrationA;
off-hours calls passed on with registrationB.
3. Smater resource allocation: a phone has N lines capacity. Multiple
Registration is an handy tool to allocate this capacity and tie it to
phone
buttons and BLF.

Regards