[asterisk-users] grandstream gxp 2000 does not display names when calling out

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 20 14:00:55 MST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 01:31:47PM -0700, Christopher Corn wrote:
>    Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:
>    On 23:47, Tue 19 Sep 06, Michael Neuhauser wrote:
>    > On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 13:45 -0700, Christopher Corn wrote:
>    > > michael,
>    > > at my real job, the phones display peoples names when calling out from
>    > > your phone. how is this done?
>    >  Maybe they put the names in the phones internal addressbook
>
>    hmm, no we have about 7000 employees.

[ reformatted by hand; top posting is eee-vil ]

As I noted earlier, many commercial PBXen/Key systems permit you to
datafill the switch with the name of the primary employee or location
that each port services, and that name is displayed to callers when
they call that destination.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_