[asterisk-users] University dumps CISCO VoIP for Asterisk

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:25:39 MST 2006

2006/9/20, Aaron Daniel <amdtech at shsu.edu>:

> The biggest problem we have with the hinting functions is that you have
> to have the phones registered to the same server, and with two identical
> servers that could theoretically serve any phone we have, it's a
> management nightmare to guarantee that any given phone will be on the
> same server as any other given phone.  On that note, for a small office,
> it would probably work great, it's just not feasible for us just yet, so
> we're looking into other options as well. :)
> --

Hi Aaron,

I didn't know  phones needed to be registered on the same server to benefit
hinting functions (as we mainly install small offices).

Do you think this comes from SIP and NOTIFY-SUBSCRIBE messages limitations
or from current implementation ?
Could this be worked around using SER or other software ?

Regards