[asterisk-users] Available channels

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Wed Sep 20 08:26:04 MST 2006

I'm trying to dial multiple SIP channels and check availability before I
dial them.

i.e. say I have an internal group that I define (extension 50) which
actually dials SIP extensions 51 and 53

I'd use Dial(SIP/51&SIP/53), but if a phone isn't registered (i.e.
someone's unplugged 53) it does weird stuff (say coming in from PSTN).

I'm using ChanIsAvail(SIP51&SIP53) which works great, but only returns
the 1st working channel, when what I need is something to return ALL
working channels so it can dial them all (some extensions have 3 or 4
phones associated with them). They are all internal SIP extensions.

I guess I could use Cut and check each available SIP extension passed
into the macro I'm using, but that how do I cut a variable length string
and parse each SIP/XX string?

Any help appreciated.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com