[asterisk-users] Channel kept busy when creating ssh tunnel via AGI

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:25:54 MST 2006

On 9/20/06, Giorgio Incantalupo <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with Asterisk AGI command.
> I wrote a script which  launches a shell command.
> If I launch a normal command for example like "ll > /tmp/tmp.txt", the
> AGI command launches the shell commands and then exits.
>
> The problem is when I launch THIS command to create an ssh tunnel in
> background:
> *ssh -f -N -l asterisk -R 2050:localhost:22 192.168.0.1*
>
> The tunnel command above works well if launched via shell but if I
> launch it using the AGI script, it opens the tunnel but leaves a (SIP or
> ZAP) channel  in use (I checked it typing SIP/ZAP SHOW CHANNELS).
> The channel closes only when I kill the tunnel process. After killing
> the process Asterisk console shows:
>
> -- AGI Script tunnel.py completed, returning 0
>
> Is there anybody who knows why the channel remains busy?

 The intent of an AGI script is to have a script/executable that
interacts with the channel. As such, the channel will hang around
waiting for input from, providing feedback to, and the eventual
completion of such script/executable.

 If you don't want such behavior, you might want to take a look at
monitoring a specific channel event in the Asterisk manager and then
starting off your script upon the receipt of such an event through the
manager.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/