[asterisk-users] Uninstalling Trixbox

Sharon Lim limleechin2005 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:02:40 MST 2006

hehehe, then you have to edit the startup manual. I dont think so there is a
way to uninstall the tribox.

for example to disable start up for asterisk, i think you can try type the
command " chkconfig asterisk stop" ..good luck

On 9/20/06, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:

> no, im not using FreePBX, actually freepbx is a part of trixbox as is
> sugarCRM, FOP etc. and i also dont know about CentOS, im using RHL EE. By
> saying that 'It has taken control of my system', i meant asterisk. Now i
> dont want any web based interface to asterisk. i only want asterisk on my
> system. So plz help me uninstall trixbox.
>
> And Sharon, thanx for the tip, but what about the rest of the scripts
> trixbox has installed on my system. for example i dont want to start
> asterisk on system startup, but trixbox does that. so anymore help will be
> helpfull :)
>

> On 9/20/06, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 01:07:11PM +0500, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > trixbox has taken control of my asterisk system, i dont like that. i
> > just
> > > installed trixbox for rersearch purpose now i want to uninstall it and
> > do
> > > some research on asterisk. So plz tell me how to uninstall trixbox.
> > will it
> > > uninstall asterisk also?
> >
> > Trixbox has not taken over your system. It is your system. It is not
> > just the web interface. Trixbox is a customized CentOS distribution. It
> > uses a number of its own packages in its own yum source (in addition to
> > standard CentOS packages), and has a number of non-default settings.
> > e.g: selinux disabled.
> >
> > Or you may be confusing it with FreePBX?
> >
> > --
> > Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
> > icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
> > +972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
> > tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com
> >

> --
> Regards
> Rizwan Hisham
> Software Engineer

Regards,
Sharon Lim

*Good memories are to be folded neatly and tucked away into the back pocket
*