[asterisk-users] Asterisk AGI question

Yoann Aubineau yoann.aubineau at wengo.fr
Wed Sep 20 02:45:35 MST 2006

Le mardi 19 septembre 2006 à 15:30 -0500, David R. a écrit :
> Can AGI be used to have a web application talk back and forth between
> Asterisk and itself?  What if the web application is on a separate
> box?

As Stefan Reuter previously stated, there's no problem running your AGI
application remotely. It's extremely fast (hence the name FastAGI) and
it also frees the Asterisk box from any load your application could
produce (think of calculation or database query processing)

However, even though AGI is a lot like CGI for Asterisk, it doesn't mean
you can use web applications as AGI applications. Ok, you could "tell"
Asterisk what to do. But how would you get responses back from
Asterisk?

Or maybe you've got a genius idea I couldn't think of. In that case, let
us know!

Yoann