[asterisk-users] When does Scalability requests Asterisk to Use SER ?

Ryan Burke burke at tailorhosting.com
Tue Sep 19 19:30:56 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rushowr" <rushowr at phreaker.net>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] When does Scalability requests Asterisk to Use
SER ?

Thanks for the info. So it was really just one server that handled 2.5k user
registrations and up to 500 concurrent calls? Do you remember anything about
the codecs? Was there any transcoding done, music on hold, queues, etc?
Usually for a dual Xeon 3Ghz people say they get about 250 concurrent calls
and maybe 1k users registered before things start acting flaky. I really
appreciate the info. I'm looking forward to hearing about your current
project when you get a chance to write it up.

Thanks again,
Ryan