[asterisk-users] Pri Event 6 and 8

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Sep 19 16:02:28 MST 2006

Dave Wise wrote:
> I was looking through my log files and keep seeing:
>
> PRI got event: 8 on Primary D-channel of span 3
> on different spans.  sometimes it is event 6.....

A quick Google on this showed a post by Mark on bugs.digium.com:

 >> Generally 6 and 8 errors are not a problem, but can be indicitive of
either missed interrupts or a timing mismatch. In any case this is a
technical support issue and not a bug in software and should be pursued
through digium tech support.
 >> It may be helpful to run patlooptest with a loopback connector to
determine if it's timing or missed interrupts.

Doug

-- Ben Franklin quote: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."