[asterisk-users] grandstream gxp 2000 does not display nameswhencalling out

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:46:13 MST 2006

It does matter if they are using Asterisk.  I think we'd all like to know
how they are doing it.

When I was using the chan_sccp driver, I was able to display that
information on the screen.  I'm not sure the SIP protocol in Asterisk
supports this (and don't know if the SIP protocol itself supports this).

On 9/19/06, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 04:59:37PM -0400, Mailing List wrote:
> > What phones/system do they use?
>
> I'm not sure it matters.
>
> Many commercial key systems display the destination extension user's
> name on the originating set on internal/intercom calls, and some
> display the destination user's name on phonebook calls as well.
>
> I'm going to assume, for the moment, that this is the functionality it
> was asserted Asterisk does not currently possess, now that we've more
> clearly defined what's actually being discussed, and if either side
> thinks I misunderstood them, no doubt we'll find out presently.  :-)
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth
> jra at baylink.com
> Designer                          Baylink                             RFC
> 2100
> Ashworth & Associates        The Things I Think                        '87
> e24
> St Petersburg FL USA      http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647
> 1274
>
>        "That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
>          they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_

Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.