[asterisk-users] grandstream gxp 2000 does not display names when calling out

Christopher Corn christopher_corn at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 13:45:45 MST 2006

michael,
  at my real job, the phones display peoples names when calling out from your phone. how is this done?

Michael Neuhauser <mike at firmix.at> wrote:
  On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 11:53 -0700, Christopher Corn wrote:
> ... i dial now from SIP phone to SIP phone. one being a grandstream
> gxp >>> grandstream 100. but the gxp, when dialing, doesn't see the
> name of the person at the grandstream 100. i believe this should be
> picked up from the asterisk server, but im not sure. thanks.

That's not the way it works. Only the called phone (i.e., the ringing
one) is getting caller-id information (number/name), the calling one
(gxp in your example) does not.
Dr. Michael Neuhauser mailto:mike at firmix.at
Firmix Software GmbH sip:mike at firmix.at
Vienna/Austria/Europe tel:+43-1-7890849-30
Linux Development and Services http://www.firmix.at/