[asterisk-users] Query ,NEED help regarding MWI

Tanzeel serfaraz tanzeelcs at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 04:25:52 MST 2006

Hi Users;
i have to implement MWI scenario like this:

<IPphone,ATA>--------<openser>------------<Asterisk>

my users are registered at openser and voicemail box
is configured at asterisk.

MWI is send by ASTERISK to OPENSER and then OPENSER to
IPPHONE OR ATA.

My query is this;

Q:let say i got a NOTIFY message from openser to
IPPHONE/ATA and my  phone changes the tone to a MWI
tone,  Now if the Telephone adapter got reset by any
reason , the MWI tone gets lost ,so HOW CAN I FIX THIS
PROBLEM?

I mean how openser know that phone got disconnected so
that it again send NOTIFY message to IPPHONE or is
there any way to send NOTIFY message peridically after
a define time stamp.

Hope someone would help me
Thanks