[asterisk-users] How to Dial a number with Sangoma PRI card?

Melcon Moraes levelz at terra.com.br
Tue Sep 19 03:44:24 MST 2006

I just use Dial(Zap/1/1234)

[]'s
MM

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Mario <mgnospam at fgasoftware.com>
To:     asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent:  Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:17:07 +0200
Delivered:  Tue,  19 Sep 2006 07:06:25
Subject:[asterisk-users] How to Dial a number with Sangoma PRI card?

ysuf,

that's exactly what I'm doing (in Python instead of PHP, but that
doesn't matter). However, my question is: should I ask if ZAP/1 is
available or if  ZAP/1-1 is available? For example:

    ChanIsAvail(Zap/1&Zap/2&Zap/3)

or

    ChanIsAvail(Zap/1-1&Zap/1-2&Zap/1-3)

And, once discovered which channel is available, which form of Dial
should I use? Should I say:

    Dial(Zap/2/1234)

or

    Dial(Zap/1-2/1234)

yusuf wrote:
> hi,
>
> I did it like this:
> I wrote a PHP AGI script, that I call from the dial plan.
> In the AGI I check
>
>  fwrite(STDOUT,"CHANNEL STATUS $currchan \n");
>         fflush(STDOUT);
>
> where currchan is ZAP/1 for instance.  It returns whether the channel
> is used.  I then pass this back as a variable back to dial plan, and I
> use that variable to dial.
>
> HTH
>
> Mario wrote:
>> That's ok if I want to dial through a group. But, for my specific
>> requirements, I need to dial through a specific channel. I even need
>> to use the ChanIsAvail application to discover which channels are
>> available.
>>
>> Thus, without using a group, which is the correct way to dial through
>> a PRI?
>>

>> Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
>>
>>> I dial using groups.  Dial(Zap/g1/1234)
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure this was taken off of the examples on the Sangoma
>>> website.
>>>

>>> On 9/19/06, *Mario* <mgnospam at fgasoftware.com
>>> <mailto:mgnospam at fgasoftware.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     I have a Sangoma PRI card configured for E1 line (i.e. 30+1
>>>     channels per
>>>     port) and I'm not quite sure on how the Dial command should
>>>     performed.
>>>
>>>     I'm using the standard Dial command as if it were a Zap channel.
>>>     For example
>>>
>>>        Dial(Zap/1/1234) ; Dial 1234 using channel 1 on port 1
>>>        Dial(Zap/32/1234) ; Dial 1234 using channel 1 on port 2 (i.e.
>>> 32nd
>>>     zapata entry)
>>>
>>>     Most often than not this works, but sometimes the call fails.
>>> However,
>>>     reading the Asterisk docs, it says that to dial using a PRI card I
>>>     should use, instead, the following command:
>>>
>>>        Dial(Zap/1-1/1234) ; Dial using channel 1 on port 1
>>>        Dial(Zap/2-1/1234) ; Dial using channel 1 on port 2
>>>
>>>     Which one is correct? Should I dial Zap/32 or Zap/2-1 to go
>>>     through the
>>>     1st channel on port 2?
>>>
>>>     I'm scared of changing my whole dial plan and then discover that,
>>>     occasionally, things do not work as expected.
>>>
>>>     Please, can someone who has used Sangoma PRI card help me? My
>>>     Zapata.conf is set as if we had 60+ channels (something similar to
>>>     this):
>>>
>>>        context = my_context
>>>        group = 1
>>>        [snip...]
>>>        signalling = pri_cpe
>>>        switchtype = euroisdn
>>>        channel => 1-15, 17-31 ; Same, up to channel 62
>>>
>>>     Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Lacy Moore
>>> Aspendora, Inc.

E-mail classificado pelo Identificador de Spam Inteligente Terra.
Para alterar a categoria classificada, visite
http://mail.terra.com.br/protected_email/imail/imail.cgi?+_u=levelz&_l=1,1158661729.120148.30995.curepipe.hst.terra.com.br,6932,Des15,Des15

 --Original Message Ends--

--
Melcon Moraes <melcon.moraes at terra.com.br>