[asterisk-users] Re: Mediatrix 1204 trix

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Mon Sep 18 07:30:44 MST 2006

Thank you, C F and Florian. Now I must expose my ignorance about SIP and
Mediatrix...

I've adapted my sip.conf to essentially conform with what you've posted.
So when I restart the Asterisk server, ethereal indicates that a NOTIFY
goes to the Mediatrix (at 192.168.20.188), which responds with a 481,
resulting in this message:

-- Got SIP response 481 "Subscription does not exist" back from
192.168.20.188

My guess is that I'm missing a piece of the puzzle on the Mediatrix side
of the configuration.

Similarly, I've configured the Mediatrix via snmpset commands such that:

telephonyAttributesAutomaticCallEnable[*] = 1
and
telephonyAttributesAutomaticCallTargetAddress[*] = <my desired extension(s)>

When I call the Mediatrix from POTS, it sends INVITE to Asterisk with
the appropriate extension, but Asterisk responds with 404.

I think I'm missing something involving REGISTER, but I'm foggy... would
somebody clear the haze, please?

In my floundering, I tried putting this into sip.conf:

register => 3330001 at 192.168.20.188/441

But the Mediatrix was unimpressed, rebuffing my entreaty with a: 405
Method Not Allowed

I don't take rejection well, and so I'm loathe to speak with the
Mediatrix again. I really need someone wiser to advise me...

Message: 15 Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:59:34 -0400 From: "C F"
<shmaltz at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Mediatrix 1204 To:
"Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> Message-ID:
<81000b5a0609161859k43af6131xae8dc33c36cb465d at mail.gmail.com>
same setup as Florian, however I have dtmfmode set to rfc instead of