[asterisk-users] Noob question: Packet size

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Sun Sep 17 18:44:46 MST 2006

Hi guys,

I have what is probably a very noob question. I've tried to search the
wiki, but my lack of knowledge is hindering me in finding the right
keywords:

I'd like to know what the packet size of an IAX2 packet is, if its using
the ilbc codec.

Now I'll tell you why, so you can tell me what I really want to know. :)

I'm experiencing packet loss on my inter office network, so I installed
SmokePing to determine the extent of the loss. However, I'm not sure
what the best size packet to test would be.

Any advice/suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: 1 3000 SQUIZ (77849)
   Fitzroy, VIC           T: +61 (0) 3 9235 5400
   3065                   F: +61 (0) 3 9235 5444
                          W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>