[asterisk-users] Cisco Distinctive ring using alert-info

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Sep 17 15:41:55 MST 2006

There has been several different hardware versions of the phone, but to
the best of my knowledge, the ringer has not changed.  The cisco
documentation suggests there is a way to create your own ring tones, but
I've not tried that either.

The stock 7960 "sip" phone's built in ring tones are not very
impressive, and as I recall, are basically limited to sounds such as
one-long, one-long & one short, etc.