[asterisk-users] ASTERISK HIGH AVAILABILITY

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 22:16:31 MST 2006

You can achieve the active-passive setup using Linux HA techniques
using heartbeat and the like. You can also do load-balancing with LVS.
What I am not sure about is maintainance of call and session states
between the two servers such that when one server dies, the other
server picks its IP addresss, it keeps the calls in progress, up.
There might be ways of sharing call states using Asterisk Manager
interface where each server intermittently logs into the other to
share their data OR if this info is temporarily stored in the astdb
then maybe you can share the same astdb between the two servers. I am
not sure about (*) internals enough :( But this should give you some
ideas, I hope.